This is the Changelog for RcloneOSX. RcloneOSX is a port of RsyncOSX to utilize
Rclone is rsync for cloud storage. Even if
rsync are somewhat equal they are also in many ways different. RcloneOSX is built upon the ideas from RsyncOSX. But it is not easy to clone all functions in RsyncOSX to RcloneOSX. I spend most of my time developing RsyncOSX. From time to time some of the functions are ported to RcloneOSX from RsyncOSX.
I am not an advanced user of
rclone. My main use of RcloneOSX is synchronizing my GitHub catalog to Dropbox and Google. I have also implemented encrypted backup in RsyncOSX by utilizing RcloneOSX. During this winter (2018/2019) the functions within RcloneOSX will be enhanced. But I need to learn more about rclone before enhancing RcloneOSX.
Released 13 June 2019.
- this is a maintenance release, some minor bugfixes and cleanup in code
Released 21 March 2019.
- quit RcloneOSX by red button upper left main window
- view all profiles and configurations by menu button (moved from tab view)
- backup now and automatic backup my be executed from any view (tab) by menu buttons or shortcuts
- clean up of code, some minor bugfixes
- RcloneOSX center itself in screen when started
- configuration is available by shortcut
Released 10 February 2019.
Fixed a bug in copy files.
Released 1 January 2019.
This is a maintenance release: cleanup in code and minor bugfixes.
Released 7 December 2018.
The scheduling part is removed from RcloneOSX. It was based upon an previous version of scheduling in RsyncOSX. The scheduling in RsyncOSX is moved to a menu app and I am not able to do so for the RcloneOSX. The scheduling was not working as it should in RcloneOSX and I don´t have time to develop it further. That is the main reason for removing it in RcloneOSX.
There is a new version 1.45 of rclone. If you are using version 1.45 of rclone you should download this version to get correct info about number of files to synchronize. There was a change in output from version 1.43 of rclone. This is set in userconfig of RcloneOSX.
- a lot of cleanup in code (delete of dead code)
- in user config tick of for
version 1.43 of rclonefor utilizing rclone versions => 1.43
- some enhancements in
restore, restore defaults to temporary restore catalog if set
- estimating remote numbers and size are now included in quick backup
- fixed a bug in batch and some other bug fixes as well
- remove of scheduling
Relased 15 November 2018.
- minor bugfixes and tweaks
Relased 3 Nov 2018.
The following are changes in the release:
- enhanced quick sync tasks
- refactor batch tasks
- the userconfig is refactored
- and some minor bugfixes and tweaks
- the rcloneosx.app is notarized by Apple
Here are some screenshots of what is in this version.
Released 18 October 2018.
- rclone 1.44 is released
- copy files is redesigned
- some bugfixes as well
Released 29 September 2018.
- supports macOS Mojave and the new Dark Mode
- no logging, minimum or full logging enable/disable in user config
- version 1.43.1 of rclone is released
Released 2 September 2018.
This is a maintenance release, the following changes are applied:
- bugfix due to a new version of rclone (version 1.43), the summary in output from rclone is slightly changed and a fix was required
- some other bugfixes as well
- added buttons and tooltips for tasks i main menu (top row)
- changed some of the icons for menu buttons
- refactor in parts of code
Released 16 August 2018.
- if task is selected in Execute view, only logs for selected task is presented in log view
- some enhancements in copy single files, fixed a memory leak
- implementing a new restore function from Execute view
- a new info view showing output from rclone during execution of single tasks
Released 21 June 2018.
- fixed a bug (crash) if RcloneOSX is started without installing rclone first
- some enhancements in logs and caching of remote info
Released 1 July 2018.
- new app icon from Zsolt Sándor
- some refactor of code
- compiled with latest version of Xcode, version 9.4 (9F1027a)
Released 6 May 2018.
There are several enhancements in this release:
⌘Igets remote info about tasks
⌘Bcommence an automatic backup for
synctasks with data to sync
- selecting the i-button commence an estimating run for all
- released 23 April 2018
- minor fix for enable restore of encrypted backups (see encrypted backups in RsyncOSX)
- released 28 March 2018
- maintenance release, fixed a bug in schedules
- added a new new for all profiles
- added sort and filter in logs and all profiles
- released 6 March 2018
- refactor schedules
- cleanup of Execute view
- notification when scheduled tasks are completed
- released 23 January 2018
- some minor fixes
- released 9 January 2018
- a couple of minor bugfixes (logging)
- new function for quick backups, sort and select which tasks to be executed in one go
- sort and filter in quick backups
- v1.2.0 released 17 Dec 2017
- some bugfixes
- added scheduling of tasks
Scheduling tasks is disabled in this update. Schedules might be setup but it is not effective. Parts of the schedules needs refactor. Schedules will be enabled again when in next release.
- v1.1.5 is updated 10 Dec 2017
- focus on GUI single tasks and batch
- adding several shortcuts
- after selecting a row the following shortcuts are effective
⌘E- shortcut for edit task
⌘O- shortcut for rclone parameters to task
⌘D- shortcut for delete task
⌘R- shortcut for immediate execute task, executing task by shortcut seems to be more effective compared execute by batch and single tasks
⌘A- Abort task
If a task is executed by shortcut
⌘R, a select of another row during execution will terminate (abort) the current task. Scheduled task also might be aborted by selection the stop symbol.
- released 1 Dec 2017
- fixed a bug in batchview causing batch not executing properly
- released 28 Nov 2017
- new buttons are implemented
- fixed a typo and some minor fixes
- released 24 Nov 2017
- logging result after execution of tasks is fixed
- added possibility of logging, either minimum or full, output from rsync to loggfile in
- the logging to file is default off when starting RcloneOSX, status of logging is not saved in userconfiguration
- the log function appends new logs, be careful not logging all actions
- fixed some other minor glitches
- added number of days since last backup in Execute view
- released 19 Nov 2017
- restore files and catalogs from cloud services
- minor bugfixes
- problem with logging is probably solved
- new app icon and a few more bugfixes…
- enhancements in batchview
Next version 0.1.5
- released 13 Nov 2017
- color rows in main table (
checktask in blue and
movetasks in red)
- initial statistics and numbers are working
- only tasks
- released 11 Nov 2017
- fixed a couple of bugs
- added command
copytasks allowed executing in batch and by schedule
movemay cause some unwanted effects when executed, always do a
- executing single tasks is always a two step task, first a
--dry-runand then the real task after inspecting the result of the
- released 10 Nov 2017
- more fixes and enhancements, all commands as
- still alfa release, but most functions work
- still work to do regarding numbers and statistics
By a couple of hours work with RcloneOSX I managed to do a
rclone copy of a local directory to remote directory at Dropbox and Microsoft Onedrive. The Numbers part does not work yet because the output from
rclone is quite different compared to
rsync. Below are some screenshots from testing.
Adding cloud services is done by using the command line interface
What is working v0.0.1
- verified with Dropbox and Microsoft Onedrive, expect others to work as well
- adding and executing single tasks
- batch tasks
- scheduled tasks
- logging tasks (only date, no numbers)
- profile, storing tasks in profiles
- change and delete configurations
- some parameters are working (just a few tests)
What is not working v0.0.1
- numbers and statistics of transferred data
- for the moment only
- my knowlegde about rclone and its use is growing every day…
- no gui for
- don’t know if is possible to make a GUI for setting up rclone
- for the moment investigating this issue is put on hold