RsyncOSX default parameters
RsyncOSX implements default parameters which are working fine for simple backup and restore tasks. The actual parameters used in tasks is depended upon executing rsync over network connection or not. Which standard parameters to use is computed during startup of application by reading the configuration file.
RsyncOSX does also facilitate user selected parameters. User selected parameters are stored by each task and set by user, see user selected parameters.
Standard parameters all tasks
The following parameters are applied to all tasks.
- ensures that all files are transferred with all attributes preserved
- make rsync very outspoken, required for counting files in RsyncOSX
- delete all files at destination which is not in source
Standard parameters networked tasks only
The following parameters are for networked tasks only. A networked task is a task where destination is on a remote server, eiher on local LAN or on Internet.
- compress files before transmitting
- e ssh
- to ensure rsync tunnels traffic through a ssh-tunnel
-e "ssh -p xxxx"
- choose another port if standard port 22 is not used
- enable by setting port number in parameters